Florida Debtor
January 22, 2018, 02:16:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Florida Debtor - Now even better!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SOL question  (Read 1975 times)
JAXMAN

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2009, 06:41:20 PM »

Hello all. I'm new here and I've found this site to be quite helpful! I have a question about the FL borrowing statute. If a debt happened in another state and the cause of action arose there but is tolled in that particular state, how does that effect SOL in FL? Does the state law honor the tolling of the other state?
JAXMAN

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 02:44:57 PM »

BTTT
fraudfighter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 08:25:49 PM »

Hello all. I'm new here and I've found this site to be quite helpful! I have a question about the FL borrowing statute. If a debt happened in another state and the cause of action arose there but is tolled in that particular state, how does that effect SOL in FL? Does the state law honor the tolling of the other state?

The FL borrowing statute allows FL to borrow a shorter SoL from a foreign state.
JAXMAN

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 10:38:58 AM »

The FL borrowing statute allows FL to borrow a shorter SoL from a foreign state.

So the fact it's tolled in another state has no bearing whatsoever on the ability to use the FL borrowing statute? I hope that's what you meant!!  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: