Florida Debtor
September 21, 2017, 04:16:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Florida Debtor - Now even better!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I am being deposed so late in my case?  (Read 1729 times)
floridasued

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »

I have been fighting LVNV for a year now on an old supposed line of credit debt.  There is a possibilty of this account having been my deceased fathers.  I have been to court 3 times. The last apperance the judge allowed the atttorneys for LVNV to get my bank statement that coinsides with the last payment shown on the account statement.   The judge asked if getting that months statement would put an end to this case and the attorney said it should and I agreed.  I received the statemnt and it shows no payment from my account to the original creditor shown on the credit statement. 

It has been a month since I gave LVNV the statement as they requested.  Now, I get a form letter in the mail from the attorney trying to setup a deposition date with my client ( thats me Pro Se). I agreed to a date and asked to be notified by mail of the location etc..  Tomorrow is that date and I have received nothing in the mail.

After a year of discovery and 3 court apperances and no evidence it is my debt, why are they deposing me now?  Can anyone give me an idea? are they trying to get me to screw up and get sanctions?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: