Florida Debtor
November 24, 2017, 10:47:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Florida Debtor - Now even better!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mediation Help!  (Read 3263 times)
Dolphin

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2012, 12:18:17 PM »

In the judges "uniform order setting cause for trial" here in Florida it states on one line "The case shall be mediated prior to the pre trial conference unless waived by the court". I get in the mail a mediation appointment and have to pay $125.00 to the mediator... I don't have the $125.00 and am quite upset that I even have to do this. An OC for a Credit Card is taking me to court and I have already denied owing this money...

My question is, is this fair that a judge can make you pay $125.00 for mediation when it has not been proven yet that it is my debt? What can I do?

I had a similar lawsuit against me several years ago and was ordered to a mediation via telephone and I didn't have to pay anything?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Oh yes this is in Civil Court.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:23:37 PM by Dolphin » Logged
cmart56

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 08:55:03 AM »

What court are you in?Small claims,County,or Circuit? Have you read Fl Statute Ch. 44 ? If not,start by reading this chapter of the Fl Statutes.
Dolphin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 12:34:29 PM »

It is in Circuit Court.
cmart56

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 02:42:36 PM »

Check your court's website for information and procedures on court ordered mediation.For example,the 9th judicial circuit court of FL as well as the Miami-Dade county court website publish in their website information and procedures about mediation.You did not indicate what judicial circuit your case is in.Generally,if you cannot pay your share of the mediation fee;you must complete a court issued form asking the court to declare you indigent.Contact the clerk of courts for information about the form and procedures.Also,read the local court rules and procedures for your circuit.I hope this helps. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: