Florida Debtor
June 28, 2017, 12:28:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Florida Debtor - Now even better!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Fla. case law favoring Sole Proprietor for wage exemption  (Read 37331 times)
Dolphin

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2014, 04:41:51 PM »

I have looked and am still looking all over for case law favoring sole proprietor or independent contractor for exempt status against a wage garnishment. I read on an attorneys wed page where he talks about this and says Florida, especially the Middle district of Florida has a lot of favorable case law where the court has ruled in favor of wage exemption for the independent contractor. The attorney page did not provide any of the case law though. I would love to find some case law to help me with my hearing coming up for my claim of exemption.
cmart56

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 12:03:36 AM »

See questions section post on this site   in response to your forthcoming hearing.See Florida Law Weekly publication.Also read Trawick's publication-procedures,the section on garnishments.Lastly,read the annotated FL STATUTES on garnishment,since the garnishment statute is a strict statute that if not followed strictly by the creditor could result in the garnishment being dissolved.Finally,this site has an abundance of information on garnishment.I hope this has helped.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:17:50 AM by cmart56 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: